Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees serve as governors of UUFA who are the primary stewards of the Fellowship. They create and oversee global policies that guide the work performed to meet the congregation’s mission, vision and covenant. They act as general staff employer and supervise the Minister (who supervises the staff). They designate to the Minister and Ministry Council programmatic responsibilities. Click here for Job Descriptions of UUFA Board positions.
July 2016 – June 2017 Board of Trustees (terms):
- Lee Cornell, President FY 2016/17 (7/2014 – 6/2017)
- Linda Gilbert, Vice President FY 2016/17 (7/2015 – 6/2018)
- Barbara Teskey, Secretary (7/2015 – 6/2017)
- Rich Rayburn, Treasurer (7/2016 – 6/2018, 2nd term)
- Carol-Lee Baker, Member-at-Large (7/2014 – 6/2017)
- Roger Bailey, Member-at-Large (7/2015 – 6/2018)
- Liz Weaver, Member-at-large (7/2015 – 6/2018)
- Fabiana Hayden, Member-at-large (7/2016 – 6/2019)
- Rosemary Wood, Member-at-large (7/2016 – 6/2019)
May 15, 2016 Annual Meeting
The Annual Congregational Meeting of the members of UUFA was held on Sunday, May 15, 2016. See the Bylaws, Policies, Resources page for a copy of the draft minutes of that meeting.
Get on Board!
At its February 13, 2017 meeting, the UUFA Board of Trustees accomplished the following:
- topics for Congregational discussion to guide our Fellowship into the future;
- Alison’s sabbatical planning logistics; and
- progress of the Search Committee for an acting Coordinator of Religious Exploration.
Took the following action:
- to appoint Royce Knight to the Finance Committee to replace John Bleyle; and
- to appoint Linda Gilbert to be Board President for fiscal year 2017/18.
Accepted the following reports and discussed when necessary:
- Minister’s report;
- Treasurer’s report;
- Policy & Procedure Manual update 1/10/2017;
- Year-at-a-Glance Planning Calendar;
- UUA Annual Certification; and
- UUFA Ministry Team Organization Chart (also posted in the Fellowship Hall).
Announcement — We received official accreditation as a UUA Green Sanctuary!
IMPORTANT DATE to discuss the Expanding Our Vision building plans and funding: Sunday, March 26 (meeting rescheduled from 3/19) —
1:00-2:15 p.m., EOV Congregational Town Hall, Sanctuary
To read the adopted January 10, 2017, Board minutes, please click HERE – January 10, 2017. The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is Tuesday, March 14, 2017, beginning at 7:00 p.m. Comments are invited. You are welcome to attend this meeting, or please share any feedback you have with any Board member.
Secretary, UUFA Board of Trustees