Building Expansion (EOV)
Expanding Our Vision: Making Room for You!
- Building renovation making good progress but also causing disruptions throughout the building! This week’s accomplishments: Painting, electrical, and carpentry work in the new addition. New doors on the Timothy Road and playground sides of the building. New LED lights in the Fellowship Hall. Installation of the new water fountain and fixtures in the new restrooms. Concrete work at the new Cheatham Road parking lot and sidewalk. Some significant disruptions will occur in the next couple weeks: Week of August 20 – The Fellowship Hall & RE hallway will be inaccessible at times due to painting and upgrading the fire alarm system. Week of August 26 – The temporary wall between the existing Fellowship Hall and the new addition will be removed. Old flooring will be removed and new flooring installed. The Fellowship Hall, kitchen and classrooms will not be useable most of that week. HELP needed Labor Day (September 3)!! September 2 will be our last worship service in the Sanctuary until after renovation of that space is completed in October. Sunday worship, choir rehearsals, and other activities will be relocated to the new combined Fellowship Hall/Welcoming Hall. All of the chairs and other sanctuary furnishings must be moved into the new spaces! If you can help Labor Day morning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Building Team, Kitchen Committee, Worship Arts Committee, and others have been sorting and boxing items for storage. There are many items no longer needed at the Fellowship. These items will be in a corner of the Fellowship Hall and are free to a good home! PLEASE CLAIM ANY LOST AND FOUND ITEMS IN THE RE HALLWAY, TOO!! Questions? Concerns? Contact the construction/renovation liaisons, Iva King & Herb West, as well as Shaye Gambrell, the UUFA administrator, or Rev. Alison. ___________________________________________________
All EOV Posts
- Building renovation to cause significant disruptions during the next few weeks! August 9, 2018
- Renovation Moving Ahead, Entrance to Sanctuary Temporarily Changed! August 2, 2018
- Important schedule update for building renovation July 19, 2018
- Building Update: Continued Progress July 12, 2018
- It’s Beginning to Look like a New Building! July 5, 2018
- Building Renovation Update: Rain, Rain, Go Away!!! June 28, 2018
- Try a Sample Chair on Sunday June 27, 2018
- New Addition is Taking Shape! June 21, 2018
- Pouring concrete – not rain! June 7, 2018
- Building Renovation Hits Rain Delay! May 31, 2018
- EOV Building Update January 23, 2018
PLEASE CARPOOL because of the decrease in parking spaces during this phase!
Document Links Below
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Iva King & Herb West are the UUFA representatives who meet and interact regularly with the contractors and architects. All questions or concerns should be addressed to one of them:
Capital Campaign Commitments
New or additional Capital Campaign Commitments are still needed, especially from new members or anyone else who hasn't yet made a pledge to the building campaign. Click here for a Capital Campaign Commitment form to print, fill out and sign, and turn in (or email) to Shaye Gambrell, our Congregational Administrator; John Olive, the Building Project Treasurer; or Herb West, Capital Campaign Chair. Donor recognition opportunities are also available.
If you have not paid your Capital Campaign Commitment in full, please consider doing so before the end of 2018. The sooner you can pay off your commitment, the less money the Fellowship will have to borrow, thus lowering our interest expense and eventual mortgage payment.
Building Project Committee
Iva King, Chair
Bob McArthur, Board Representative
John Olive, Project Treasurer (Naming and recognition sub-committee)
Herb West, Ministry Council Representative (Sanctuary function and design sub-committee)
Roger Moore (Landscape sub-committee)
Sarah Cook (Playground and RE sub-committee)
Jane Mayer (Administration and Meeting Spaces sub-committee)
Carol-Lee Baker (Kitchen sub-committee)
Barb Schell (Aesthetics sub-committee)
Rev. Alison Eskildsen