In 2014, UUFA Celebrated Its Diamond JUUbilee!
What is your vision for the Fellowship’s future?
Click here to share your thoughts.
1954! It was the mid 20th century when our Fellowship got its start. Throughout 2014 we are celebrating our 60th Anniversary, remembering our founders and looking forward to further realize our UU principles. JUUbilee committee chair Myrna Adams-West invites you to follow the Diamond Logo for the latest developments on monthly lobby displays, the weekly E-news and here at our 60th Anniversary page. View our timeline and photos of members and friends in the sanctuary through December.
Among the online highlights is an inventory of the Fellowship’s revered objects and a description of how they came to be. The 60th Anniversary committee developed a 2014 calendar filled with activities at the Fellowship and beyond. After the January celebration launch, we featured:
- a February emphasis on UUFA connections to the larger UU community. Get details here.
- a March celebration of our founders. Find more here.
- an April highlight of our buildings and grounds, here and here,
- a May recognition of Lifespan Religious Education, here,
- a June celebration of UUFA’s past and present social action, here,
- a July concentration on spiritual arts, here, and
- an August emphasis on our extensive music program, here.
- September ushered in Sixty Days of Celebration, beginning with recognition of ministers, staffers, and lay leaders, here.
- October brought our retreat to The Mountain followed by onsite and community service projects, as we celebrated community, here.
- November highlighted our members and friends, here. On November 1 the committee hosted a congregation-wide weekend of celebration featuring Jim Key.
- Come December, the emphasis shifts to our future, here.
To share ideas for bringing the JUUbilee to life, please contact a committee member. In addition to Myrna, members are Lee Cornell, Meredyth Fleisher, Hester Meyer, Diane Bridges, Susan Curtis, Carol-Lee Baker, Patty Freeman-Lynde, Michelle Leebens-Mack, Aleta Turner and Ted Mayer.