At its June 13, 2017 meeting, the UUFA Board of Trustees accomplished the following:
- expedient business practices during the building project;
- the review and refinement of Houser Walker Architecture (HWA) contracts prior to signing;
- debrief and recommendations from the Annual Congregational Meeting;
- the new Board orientation meeting and discussion of strategic planning; and
- revision to the Finance Committee recommendation on external fund management to include further review by the Investment Committee.
Took the following action:
- to form the Expanding Our Vision Building Project Committee (BPC);
- to appoint Iva King as Chair of the BPC and Bob McArthur as Board representative;
- to authorize President Lee Cornell to sign the HWA contracts;
- to authorize Capital Campaign Treasurer John Olive to open a Capital One Spark interest-bearing account to hold capital campaign funds;
- to appoint new members to the Committee on Shared Ministry;
- to accept the resignation of Rich Rayburn as Treasurer and appoint Thrane Jensen to fulfill the remainder of Rich’s term;
- to accept refinements to Appendix A definitions of “committee” and “team”;
- to create a Bylaws Review Task Force for the next program year chaired by Lee Cornell with members, Bob McArthur, Karen Solheim, and Herb West;
- to authorize Linda Gilbert to sign the contract for summer camp Nurse;
- to authorize Camp Administrator hours for Kelly McConnell;
- to approve one week of pay for July 2017 for Music Director, Amber Fetner, for the purpose of program planning; and
- to accept Aleta Turner as a delegate representative to UUA General Assembly.
Accepted the following reports and discussed when necessary:
- Treasurer’s report; and
- Leadership Council Year-at-a-Glance.
Set as future agenda items:
- to discuss a policy on offering leave to contract workers;
- to select the Board Vice President;
- to define operational procedures for teams;
- to organize a strategic planning task force;
- to appoint two new members to the Finance Committee;
- to reflect on Rev. Alison’s sabbatical, the past year’s accomplishments, and vision for the coming year.
To read the adopted May 9, 2017, Board minutes, please click HERE – May 9, 2017. The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees is Tuesday, July 11, 2017, beginning at 7:00 p.m. Comments are invited. You are welcome to attend this meeting, or please share any feedback you have with any Board member.
Barbara Teskey, Secretary, UUFA Board of Trustees