All-UUFA Retreat 2018
Have you registered yet???
For the UUFA Congregational Retreat at The Mountain, September 21-23, 2018, that is!
Things you need to know:
- The Mountain has held prices the same; adult price remains $190 for 2 nights lodging and 6 meals.
- If you register before July 31st, the early-bird discount is $20 per adult, so $170 for the weekend.
- All children and youth ages 0-17 are FREE, but they still must be registered.
- The commuter fee for the day on Saturday is $50; this includes all meals and programming.
- Scholarships are available for all adults. See Kelli McConnell, Amber Fetner, Vivian Sellers, or the retreat table in the sanctuary for applications.
- The deadline for scholarship applications to be turned in is July 21st.
- You can register online at The Mountain website: (http://themountainrlc.org/event/2018-uufa-congregational-retreat/ or call Rachel Kinback’s office at The Mountain (828-526-5838, extension 218). She’ll be glad to help you.
- This time, we’ll be the only group on top of Little Scaly Mountain, so we’ll have plenty of space to “Make Room for Creative Connections.”
- If you want to donate to the scholarship fund, please see Heather Jensen, Amber Fetner, Kelli McConnell, Herb West, Myrna Adams West, or Vivian Sellers, the retreat planning team.
- Several UUFA folks have already volunteered their time and talents to provide workshops during the retreat. Some of these are: a yoga class, tai chi, hikes, a drumming workshop, and family-friendly activities with Kelli and other volunteers.
- Rev. Alison and others will create worship services each night and Sunday morning;
- If you have an idea for something you’d like to have or to facilitate at the retreat, please let Vivian Sellers know.
- Come on! Sign up! It is a place full of magic and mystery, and you’ll be with kindred spirits!
And WHEN you register…
Please remember to designate during registration all those folks you want as your “roomies.” This includes all the family members who want to be housed together, as well as folks who are friendly enough to want to be housed together. This will make housing assignments so much easier. And remember, there are only a limited number of private rooms, so “I want to be alone” may not be possible for all who designate this. The earlier you apply, the more likely it is to happen.
Also, be certain to let us know of any mobility or accessibility issues on the registration form, so that we can place you in suitable accommodations.
Please register soon to save yourself $20 per adult. The early bird discount ends July 31st. You can register online at The Mountain website: (http://themountainrlc.org/event/2018-uufa-congregational-retreat/ or call Rachel Kinback’s office at The Mountain (828.526.5838 , extension 218) Monday-Thursday. She’ll be glad to help you.
If you have questions about registration or the scholarship process, please contact Vivian Preston Sellers (email@example.com).
Let’s have the largest group of UUFA folks at The Mountain we’ve ever had.1n 2016, there were about 90 of us; let’s make it 100 in 2018!
Email Vivian Preston Sellers at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or ideas.