Sunday Forum & Upcoming Topics
The Forum is an adult lecture and talk-back featuring a vast array of topics. Previous Forum topics include SPLOST issues, global climate change, our UU Transylvanian Heritage, happiness, creativity, and more. For the 2016-17 program year, two kinds of Forums will be held:
- Sunday Forums--on the second and third Sundays of each month from roughly 10:00 - 10:50 am in the Fellowship Hall
- CommUUnity Forums--occasional Sundays in the afternoon (time tbd)
To suggest a Forum topic or speaker, please contact a Forum Committee member for 2016-17: Helene Brittain, David Jarrett,Bob Schneller, Karen Solheim, or UUFA Administrator Shaye Gambrell (706-546-7914).
~Forums for 2017-18 will begin September 10.~
- Forum Folks Needed
Do you have good ideas? Do you know people?
If so, you are invited to become a member of the 2017-18 Forum Committee to help plan, promote, and introduce next year’s Forums.
Need more information? See any member of the current Forum Committee: David Jarrett, Helene Brittain, Bob Schneller, or Karen Solheim.
Ready to join? Contact Karen Solheim (email@example.com or 706.202.7515).
- Caroline Strobel gives a Tax Update on March 19
March 19, Tax Update, Caroline Strobel
- Learn about Invasive plants on March 12
Amanda Tedrow, of the Athens-Clarke County Agriculture and Natural Resources Cooperative Extension will discuss how invasive plants displace many native plants from their natural habitat, how to identify invasive plants and their control options.
- Forum April 9: Dennise Grayson, attorney Elder Law / topic: The Four Important Documents
Dennise Grayson, attorney and specialist in Elder Law, will present a forum on “The Four Important Documents: Will, powers of attorney, advance directive — why having a Will alone is not enough.”