Notes from Ministry Council: March 20, 2018
Present: Ange Kahn, Rev. Alison Eskildsen, Amber Fetner, Kelli McConnell, Hilda Kurtz, Vivian Sellers (notetaker), Karen Solheim, and Herb West (facilitator).
The group present discussed:
- Volunteer Recognition team requests;
- Partner Church team struggles with the decision by the Rumanian Church to not support gay marriage
- The possibility of a recognition at UUFA of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. The group supported the idea; gave suggestions as to what could be done, and this will happen on April 4th.
- Faith Forward, which is a membership and connections program suggested for UUFA by Linda Gilbert, Board President. The general consensus was to get the initial program, try to integrate it with the membership and Stepping Stones programs already in existence. The next step is how to pay for it.
- The monthly themes for next year were approved;
- Programmatic Vision; Lay Ministers are to contact their groups to let them know that they do not need to do anything extra, just to try to integrate what they do into the 4 areas of focus;
- Congregational Retreat Scholarship Protocols (2018) were approved after several changes were incorporated.
- Kitchen issues