At its May 9, 2017 meeting, the UUFA Board of Trustees accomplished the following:
- exploring racial conversations within UUFA and the national association; and
- preparations for the Annual Congregational Meeting on May 21.
Took the following action:
- to authorize Ben McLeroy and Associates to conduct the site management survey which includes a boundary, topographic and tree survey;
- to allocate funds for the site survey from the facility project capital campaign funds;
- to reject last-minute amendments to the budget;
- to name Carol-Lee Baker as Board representative to the Nominating Committee;
- to authorize the President to sign summer camp contracts;
- to amend the Policy and Procedures Manual Governance Definitions Appendix to distinguish between teams and committees;
- to accept Finance Committee recommendations on reserve and investment funds, including initiating the process to move our investments into the UUA Common Endowment Fund with the UUFA Investment Committee working in an advisory role;
- to accept Lee Cornell, Karen Solheim and Susie Weller as delegates to the 2017 UUA General Assembly; and
- to begin the search for a temporary summer Administrative Assistant to work with Shaye Gambrell, and hire a permanent assistant when Rev. Alison returns from her sabbatical.
Accepted the following reports and discussed when necessary:
- Treasurer’s report; and
- announcement of the return of the Enjoyable Entertainment Events! Watch for the kick-off potluck in September!
Set as future agenda items:
- to decide the procedure for team formation and dissolution;
- to review Bylaws to improve Congregational input on voting; and
- to review nominees for the Committee on Shared Ministry.
Sunday, May 21 – Annual Congregational Meeting, 12:30 p.m.
To read the adopted April 11, 2017, and May 3, 2017, Board minutes, please click HERE – April 11, 2017 or May 3, 2017 (called meeting). The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees is Tuesday, June 13, 2017, beginning at 7:00 p.m. Comments are invited. You are welcome to attend this meeting, or please share any feedback you have with any Board member.
Barbara Teskey, Secretary, UUFA Board of Trustees